Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

September 8, 2012

A Thing Of Beauty


“Beauty and seduction, I believe, are nature’s tools for survival, because we will protect what we fall in love with.”  Louie Scwartzberg


When Cherrie sent me a video titled The Beauty of Pollination a few months back, I filed it away in my "must pollinate" stash. And there it sat. This evening while indulging in my new addiction TED Talks, I stumbled across a couple of them by genius filmmaker Louie Schwartzberg. I was completely  blown away not only by his extraordinary technical skill, but the perspective from which he operates creatively.

Mr. Schwartzberg's notable career spans feature films, television shows, commercials and documentaries. He won two Clio Awards for TV advertising, including best environmental broadcast spot, an Emmy nomination for best cinematography and the Heartland Film Festival's Truly Moving Picture Award for the feature film “America’s Heart & Soul.” Schwartzberg founded Moving Art to use the power of media to inspire and entertain through television programming, DVD products, and full-length motion picture and IMAX films. His new film "Wings of Life" will be released by Disneynature.

"I've spent my life capturing beautiful images. And whether in wilderness or in the downtown of a giant city, I find connections, universal rhythms, patterns and beauty that I recognize as a part of me, a part of all of us that celebrates life. It's my great pleasure to share with you that energy which inspires me; this great visual beauty of our world."

You can clearly see the gratitude of which he speaks, as it shines through his lens in every frame of these gorgeous films. He's a Killer Bee for sure, just check out this clip. As the gentleman narrator of his film "Happiness Revealed" will tell you, "The only  appropriate response is gratefulness..."



No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!