Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

April 3, 2009

KICKING BUTTS PART 4: My Mourning Coffee


If you are, or ever have been a cigarette smoker, than you know and understand that special relationship that coffee and cigarettes share. Coffee and cigarettes are very dear, and old friends.
Like yin and yang, moths and flames, Laverne & Shirley.
So while it seems that I'm adjusting to not smoking fairly well, my morning coffee seems to be, well, in mourning...

I've been on the patch almost 9 weeks, and it really hasn't been a trial at all. The cravings have become fewer, and much further in-between. In fact, they only seem to come around when I've had a few cocktails, or I'm having my morning coffee. Even then, most mornings are fine... but at least a couple of times a week, my body lets me know that "coffee" just isn't the same without it's friend nicotine. Just like with 2 teenagers who think they've found true love FOREVER, I have to step in and be the adult here. Let coffee know that even though it may never forget cigarettes, it's better off without them, and it'll thank me later. What other choice do I have? Give up caffeine too?
Uh, I don't think so!

I have 1 more week on the 14mg patch, then 2 weeks on the 7mg. I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!