Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

June 17, 2009

BEFORE THE PARADE PASSES BY!

Since I'd been living in Chicago for 4 years, I hadn't experienced the pleasure of partaking in Milwaukee's Pridefest festivities for awhile. I'll tell ya, this town still knows how to throw down a festival! The fun started on Friday the 12th, with Jeffrey Elliott [on his birthday] driving up from Chicago for that nights headliner, the incomparable Cyndi Lauper. Cyndi was plagued by mic and mixer issues [someone may have lost their job....], but Cyn's a trouper, and gave us one hell of a show anyway. Thanks Cyndi, for always being there for US. We love you too!

The next day it was back down to the festival grounds where we enjoyed the excellent weather, and a stellar performance by the Bearapalooza Songwriter's Circle. The Killer Bees special guest in the following day's parade, Ron Morris , was one of the 7 diversely talented men who put on a terrific 2 hour set. You guys ROCK! www.bearapalooza.com

Bearapalooza performance photos are courtesy of Joseph Suarez!


The big wind-up unfurled on Sunday for The Pride Parade. I've been attending these parades since I was 15, but The Killer Bees entry [#36] was my first chance to be in one. And what a hoot is was! We got to meet allot of cool new people, pass out tons of blog cards and bit o' honey candy, and once again enjoy exceptional weather! My only complaint was the turbo speed in which it was all paced. There were several times I looked up from the crowd I was greeting with my basket of goodies, only to see the car was 2 or 3 blocks away! I kept hearing Streisand belt "Before The Parade Passes By" in a continuous loop in my head....

Special thanks to Wendy for driving Ron in her snazzy VW Beetle [whose name just happens to be Beatrice!] and to Bill and Gordy for being sweet enough to strut our banner. We couldn't have done it without you!! Killer Bee Cherrie Hanson snapped the following pics of us waiting in our cue, gearing up for our first ever parade down South 2nd Street...





To see more of the moments Cherrie captured, you can visit the new blogspot for her photography by clicking on the link below:
www.bubblesink.blogspot.com

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!