Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

June 22, 2009

THE R&R REPORT: EMBELEZAR

Embelezar
241 North Broadway
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
414.274.6644
Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat 10-6 and Sundays 12-5

When I first moved to the Windy City, Jeffrey Elliott became my personal ambassador to all things Chicago...and what a marvelous ambassador he was! I became a quick study of "city of neighborhoods". Understanding my love for Thai food and unique, upscale interior design boutiques [Michael likes tasty, pretty things!], he excitedly introduced me to his favorite Bucktown shop, Embelezar.


It was love at first sight. Owner Suzanne Rafestein has an impeccable eye for luxury accents, and when I heard several months ago [from her fabulously sassy Mother, BJ] that Embelezar was leaving Bucktown and moving to Milwaukee's Third Ward I was ecstatic! Sorry Chicago...


"Embelezar" is Portuguese for "to embellish and to become beautiful". Need I say More?

Suzanne's hand-picked global mix of furnishings, and cultural and architectural artifacts is top notch. Inside you'll find Asian painted cabinets, Venetian silk chandeliers, rich textiles from Turkey, India, and Philadelphia, suede journals from Brooklyn, Moroccan ceramics, Afghan rugs, Peruvian serving pieces, Maori carved stones, and the list goes on...



Suzanne is thrilled to be here in Milwaukee, and I'm personally thrilled to have her......won't you stop by and pay her a visit? Trust me, you'll be delighted you did!

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!