Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

August 10, 2009

HOG HEAVEN

So Jonas had 5 free tickets to State Fair, and he invited The Killer Bees to join him. It had been at least a decade since I'd attended, and I really do love to go see all the beautiful animals. Especially the pigs! Since we've been filming for the electronic press kit, I've been trying to be mindful of what I eat because guess what? The camera REALLY DOES add 10 lbs.! But the temptation to indulge in a Wisconsin State Fair classic, the venerable cream puff, proved too powerful to overcome and I was completely seduced. What I'm trying to say here is that I ate an enormous cream puff for dinner tonight. The rich creamy filling so thick and dense, yet utterly airy and weightless at the same time...

In the middle of this sinful indulgence, my ecstasy was temporarily thwarted by guilt about my zillion-calorie surrender. I didn't bother to open my mouth about it to anyone because really, who wants to hear me whine about needing to loose 10lbs as I stuff my gaping maw with at least a cup of whipped heavy cream, right? But then just as quickly as the guilt had washed over me, I had a moment of clarity. I try to eat in moderation, and have a fairly healthy diet. Other than a slice of birthday cake last week, when have I recently had a proper dessert? I hadn't been to State Fair in a decade. Life is way too short, so shut up and eat the freakin' cream puff already. Geez.

In fact I may just make the "State Fair Cream Puff Supper" an annual event. Nuff said.

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!