Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

October 27, 2009

THE FALL GUY

I just got home from an invigorating walk. It takes about half an hour to get from my new business venture space back to my apartment. Picture it...A gray sky threatening rain, making the most stunning backdrop for every brilliant shade of red, gold and orange tree reaching toward it. The piles of leaves rustling beneath my feet. The cool, but not yet cold air filling my lungs and is crisp against my face, letting me know just how alive I am. I love this time of year.

It's no secret to anyone who knows me that Fall is my favorite season. Yet for some, it's a blunt reminder that impending Winter is merely weeks away. But this is how I look at it. When the leaves end their brief but dazzling display, the bare trees welcome the caking snow to their branches and spend the season rejuvenating, storing their energy for a rebirth in the spring. Then they will proudly introduce us to their new leaves and growth.

I have allot on my plate this Winter. I'm opening a new interior design studio with some dear friends in November. For The Killer Bees I have an electronic press kit that still needs to be edited, and then shopped around to agents, producers, stations, and networks. Recently Cassandra McShepard asked me if I would be interested in representing her, and act as her manager. I was more than honored to accept. I write a blog. And I'm still working at the restaurant because quite frankly, I need the cash. So while the barren branches are storing up their energies so they can be ready to emerge in the Spring with a whole new show, I guess so will I. I feel down to the marrow in my bones that 2010 is going to be a watershed year for me. Like a whole new season, or chapter of my life is about to begin!

If you're dreading Winter, maybe you should look at the extra time spent inside to be one where you go inside. Inside yourself to find the dreams and ideas that you've been storing deep inside your branches. The ones that with a little more introspection, and attention paid to them, may bud in the Spring...and begin a whole new SEASON for you!


No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!