Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

January 16, 2010

16 TO 40

I had an epiphany in the shower the other day...
...as I often do.

Someone had mentioned on the phone that morning that I was going to be 39 in May. Thanks for reminding me. Then, under the pelting water, it hit me. I'm not just going to be 39 in 4 months, I'm going to be 4-OH! in 16! Don't get me wrong. I'm really not freaked out about turning 40, at least not yet. But this does mean some things...

In life, we all set goals for ourselves. That being said, there are certain things I thought for sure I would have either accomplished or at least entertained by now. The realization of 40 in 16 has given me the perfect opportunity to raise the bar for myself. To take an honest look at where I'm at on the journey, and more importantly, where I want to go. Because guess what folks! While 40 maybe the new 30 [and so on], it is still more than likely, the halfway marker. Talk about a shot in the arm!

When working for others, I'm swift and dedicated under the pressure of a deadline. Now I'm working for me. SO- I've been working on a list of 16 things I'd like to to do, change, or improve in my life over the next 16 months. Think of it as sort of a boot camp to prepare, and be ready for the second half. In the end, this will be a 16 part series on my quest for self improvement. There are most certainly things about my health that could stand betterment, and definitely some dreams that need to be taken from the shelf, dusted off, and revisited. Because I'll tell you one thing I know for sure. I no longer intend to hold my dreams hostage in my heart. Giving myself permission to set them free, is NUMBER ONE.

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!