Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

January 8, 2010

A WRITER TAKES HIS PEN


When I started writing this blog, the question was "How do I get people interested?" As 2009 came to a close, I was thinking "People are actually reading! Now how do I keep them interested?!"
More importantly, how do I keep myself interested...

MICHAEL'S MUSINGS are an outlet for me to share not so much a point of view, but usually a lesson I have learned. When we share our stories, we see ourselves in each other, and we can easily see our human bond- and learn. I still contend that an English major I was not. If I spent allot of time tripping on things like whether it's its or it's, and obsessing [for too long anyway] about the proper use of commas, this thing would NEVER get done! I appreciate your continued agreement to overlook the grammar, and focus on the content!

I will of course continue writing pieces on design for INTERIOR MOTIVES. That is after all what I do for a living. I'll be real honest with you though. These days I'm far more interested in people than things...

R&R REPORTS
on a more consistent basis. Spotlighting entrepreneurs brings me great joy, and I want you to always remember that independent means Independence...with a capital I.

I know everyone likes the MUSICAL TREAT of THE WEEK, and I promise to get to it more weekly...and not so biweekly! It's been moved from the sidebar to the posting column, and the RE-TREATS JUKEBOX link to YOUTUBE will soon be replaced by a Musical Treat department under "The Bee List"- on the sidebar. Trust me, this is easier for the both of us!

One thing I especially want to do more of this year, is have MORE special guests! The BEE MY GUEST series was the thing I was most excited about when the blog launched a year ago. It's not always easy to coordinate schedules, and I only got around to doing 9 of them last year. I've got some cool people lined up for the next few months. Is there someone you know who's leading the life they dreamed of, or is simply fascinating? Send me a note about them!

So whats NEW for 2010 you ask?
WELL! The biggest change around here will be less writing and more video. Starting this month, I'm turning the camera on myself, and at long last vlogging. I'm hoping to do some really cool things with THE VLOG. I mean, anyone can be followed around by a camera while they talk about a whole lot of nothing important. Just look at The Real Housewives... Oooh. Bitchy, party of 1, your table is ready!

There is just one more change I'd like to see this year, and it's ...YOU! I know you're reading, but you're an awfully quiet bunch of bleaders [love that term]! What I want from you in 2010 is FEEDBACK! See the comment thingy below? Use it. Send me ideas. I want to get to know YOU! Let's harvest delicious honey together in 2010, and Happy New Year to all of you.

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!