Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

June 13, 2010

CLOSE KNIT


Celebrate diversity. What does that really mean?

I don't recall how I stumbled onto the image above. I just know that I really dug it, and saved it to my computer. It feels like "The Tree Of Life" to me. The knit stocking that clings to its branches representing humankind. In ALL of our different colors, how beautiful are we?

June happens to be Gay Pride month. I happen to be gay. But I probably didn't have to tell you that, did I? The slogan often associated with Gay Pride is "Celebrate Diversity" and it's a term that seems to be crossing over and gaining popularity. Is it possible that after millenniums we are finally ready to stop living in fear of our differences, and embrace people who are different than ourselves?

Think about fear for just a moment. What do we tend to fear most? What we don't understand. And of course, what we're told to fear. True, there are many people and cultures in the world that would rather not "celebrate diversity". But in all corners of the world, there's a global awakening, and a new commitment to figure this thing out. What's the alternative? Continue to obliterate each other? Only when we are able to shed our fear, and have love and respect for ALL of our bothers and sisters will we ever truly be able to celebrate diversity.

Like those colorful blocks of closely knit fibers, WE possess the power to climb the tree, climbing higher and higher, covering it's far-reaching limbs to show the universe and beyond just how beautiful we are, when we too, are closely knit.
" God created us different, to know our need for one another."
Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Re-posted from June 2009

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!