Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

June 19, 2010

TO BEE OR NOT TO BEE

Cutting this 1min 40sec sequence from Cassandra's press kit video "Designer Life" was an almost painful choice, but necessary  in order to keep the finished piece under 10 minutes. Industry standard for a press kit is only 3 minutes- HOW DO THEY DO IT?! No seriously.

The way I had it "story boarded", I needed approximately 14 minutes, and the narrative would have been more like a mini documentary. The Cassandra McShepard Story, if you will. I think when I get back from California I'm going to make that little film I envisioned, and share it with you. I now thoroughly understand the term Director's Cut, and what film makers must go through. Wow.

Cherrie Hanson, you were on my shoulder the entire time..."Edit, edit, edit." Thank you for your inspiration.

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!