Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

March 30, 2010

Kari's Chile Relleno Casserole

My friend Carol's sister Kari King sent me this wonderful and easy recipe to share with you all! This dish is definitely "a taste of home" for me, and I'm thinking of making it this coming Sunday. Happy Easter to the entire King Family!
P.S.- Please remember that if you want to share a recipe, all you have to do is email it to me: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com- I'll get it up here!


Chile Relleno Casserole

1 pint or 2 cups - half and half
6 - eggs
1/3 cup - flour
1 - 12oz can whole green chilies preferably Hatch
8oz grated jack cheese
8oz grated mild cheddar cheese
1 - 7.75 oz can of El Pato Salsa de Chile Fresco

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Beat half and half, flour and eggs until smooth.
Split chilies lengthwise into two half's do not rinse, just remove the seeds.
Place chilies in a colander.
Mix grated cheeses together in a bowl Layer chilies and cheese in a 9" x 13" Glass Baking Dish sprayed with cooking spray and layer until all the chilies and cheese are gone.
Pour egg, half and half, with flour mixture gently over top of layers and then the can of spicy tomato sauce over the final layer which should be cheese.
Bake uncovered for 60 minutes
Remove from oven
Insert a knife in the center of casserole. If the egg mixture is not thoroughly cooked, cook for an additional 15 minutes.

This wonderful recipe has been a family favorite and rises up in the oven like a beautiful souffle. I have brought this to many a potluck dinner and every bit of it gets eaten and the compliments I have received over the years have been many.

From my family to yours...enjoy!

Kari King-Californian

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!