Let's say we're all bees. Each and every one of us is buzzing about-
buzz buzz buzz.
The honey that we make is our lives. Experience has taught me two things...

KILLER BEES MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HONEY

...and LIFE is only as yummy as you make it!

Are YOU a Killer Bee?




bee my guest?

bee my guest?
Howdy Beezers! I'm excited to share something new with you... Over the upcoming months, most of the content you'll be seeing here will be from special guest contibutors! This is sure to add a new texture to this thing we've been weaving over the years. I know that many of my readers (yes, you!) are writers, artists, musicians and filmmakers. PLEASE feel free to contact me if there's something you'd like to contribute! I'd be most honored to pollinate... send me a note: m.mckinley@rocketmail.com

please be seated

December 5, 2009

OH! Christmas Tree

At first I thought it was a little self-indulgent to do a feature on my own Christmas tree...but aren't blogs self indulgent by nature?! This posting is for my friend Jeffrey Elliott who's been telling me for years I need to do a coffee table book on my holiday decorating style. Maybe Jeffrey, just maybe... So it starts at the mantle, and makes its way across the room...


HELLO! Don't I look like I should be Michael's Christmas Tree?


About 70% of the ornaments on my tree are vintage, a good deal of them hand made- by some body's Grandma. And that's what I love about them! I started collecting them a bout 15 years ago. They twinkle on the tree like little jewels, all dressed up with pearls, ribbons, and sequins. Oh, and glitter. Lots, and lots, and lots of glitter!



Can you imagine this collection of ornaments dangling from anything other than 100% white- iridescent pvc branches? I think NOT!




Above an old school tea strainer becomes a bead-dazzling chandelier, and below a golden plastic angel shows off her flashy fuchsia sequins and delicate velvet sash.



Jackson tried leaving Santa salmon treats, but couldn't resist noshing them himself!

No comments:

Buzz Out!

Buzz Out!